Recipe: Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil
Last updated: December 8, 2022, at 1:37 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 8, 2022, at 1:25 p.m. PT
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- Bread for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rub garlic bulb with hands to remove excess papery skin.
- Trim the top of the bulb to expose the tops of most of the garlic cloves.
- Place bulb on top of a large piece of foil and drizzle with ½ teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Wrap foil around the bulb and place on baking sheet or oven proof dish and roast for 20-25 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients (except the bread!) in a small dish.
- Gently squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skins into the oil mixture and toss to combine.
- Allowing to sit for 30 minutes or more will deepen the flavor.
- Serve with warm crusty bread for dipping!
TIP: Enjoy with Dutch Oven No-Knead Garlic Herb Bread