Recipe: Cauliflower Fried Rice
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 2:51 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 18, 2021, at 10:55 a.m. PT
Cauliflower fried rice offers all the flavors you’re looking for while boosting your vegetable intake.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Sesame seeds and hot chili oil, for serving
- Cut cauliflower into florets and pulse in your food processor until they resemble rice grains. Alternatively, you can shred using the large holes on a box grater.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium heat and add carrots, cooking for about 5 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add garlic and stir one more minute.
- Add remaining sesame oil, cauliflower, and edamame and cook cauliflower until tender, but not too soft.
- Push cauliflower rice to one side of the pan and add eggs to the bare skillet. Stir, cooking gently to scramble the eggs.
- Add soy sauce and green onions and stir to mix everything evenly.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of chili oil.