Recipe: Caramelized Onion Dip
Last updated: June 18, 2021, at 12:57 p.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 12:47 p.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon picked fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup plan fat free Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ salt
- Rustic potato chips and cut veggies for serving
- Heat oil over medium heat and add onions and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring frequently until onions caramelize into deep golden-brown color – about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Worcestershire sauce and thyme – allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt with the onion mixture, freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Taste and add more salt and/or pepper, to taste.
Yields: 1 ½ cups
- Add a splash of water to the pan while caramelizing the onions if the pan seems dry.
- Flavor is best when allowed to rest in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight before serving.