Recipe: Basil Chicken and Heirloom Tomato Salad
Last updated: June 28, 2021, at 9:25 a.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 11:51 a.m. PT
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Avocado spray oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 avocados peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Cover chicken with parchment paper and lightly pound using a mallet or heavy skillet to an even 1” thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and spray with avocado oil.
- Cook chicken 4-5 minutes per side or until between 155-160 degrees F. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow the final cooking temperature to reach 165 degrees F.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken and add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the chicken between four plates and top with the tomato wedges and avocado.
- Sprinkle with basil and season liberally with fresh ground black pepper.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA