Recipe: Lentil & Walnut Pate
Last updated: June 18, 2021, at 12:42 p.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 12:42 p.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin half-moon slices
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- ¾ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crackers and cornichons, for serving
- Heat oil over medium heat and add onions.
- Cook slowly until onions begin to caramelize (about 10-15 minutes), if the pan seems to get dry, add a splash of water along the way.
- Combine the lentils, walnuts, tamari, lemon juice, paprika and cooked onions in your food processor.
- Pulse until you have a creamy but not completely smooth texture. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- If the mixture seems dry, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Serve spread on a whole grain cracker with sliced cornichons.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA