Patatas Bravas with Avocado Aioli
Last updated: May 21, 2021, at 12:47 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 21, 2021, at 12:47 p.m. PT
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Boil potatoes in a pot of salted water until barely tender – about 10 minutes. Drain and allow to dry completely and cool until able to handle.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat and saute the potatoes on each side until crispy and golden brown – about 2 minutes per side.
- While still hot, season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and parsley.
- Serve with aioli for dipping.
AVOCADO AIOLI INGREDIENTS
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Blend everything except olive oil until smooth.
- With blender running, slowly add olive oil until emulsified, season with salt and pepper.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA