Autumn Family Fun at the Y
Published: September 29, 2017, at 10:13 a.m. PT
Last updated: November 16, 2018, at 9:29 a.m. PT
Spooky Fun Activities to Enjoy Together
When the northwest rain sets in, it’s easy to settle into a lackluster routine at home. Embrace the season and try one of these fun family activities.
Make a Healthy Halloween Treat
With Halloween just around the corner, it’s hard to resist the sweet treats. Skip the candy but still have tasty fun in the kitchen. Try our favorites – Candy Corn Fruit Cups, Banana Ghost Pops or Silly Apple Bites.
Attend a Y Harvest Event
From costume contests to face painting to bounce houses and more, your local YMCA is a great place to celebrate the season with your neighbors. Join us for these fun, family events at your local YMCA:
- Fall Fest at the Auburn Valley YMCA on Friday, October 19
- Fall Festival at the Coal Creek Family YMCA in Newcastle on Saturday, October 20
- Trick or Treat on the Ridge at the Snoqualmie Valley YMCA on Saturday, October 20
- Halloween Dance Party at the Bellevue Family YMCA on Friday, October 26
- Halloween Carnival at the Northshore YMCA in Bothell on Friday, October 26
- Fall Festival at University Family YMCA on Saturday, October 27
- Fall Festival at Camp Orkila on Orcas Island on Sunday, October 28
- Fall in to Fun Family Night at the Sammamish Community YMCA on Friday, November 30
Take a Hike
The cooling weather and changing leaves of fall make it the perfect time for an urban weekend hike through a local park. Mercer Slough Nature Park on Mercer Island, Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, Discovery Park in Seattle or Grand Ridge Trail Park in Issaquah are all great options for families.
Dance like a Zombie
The Bellevue Family YMCA and the Sammamish Community YMCA are hosting family-friendly Thriller Dance classes to get you ready for upcoming flash mobs.
Support our troops
Many of our YMCAs are holding Candy Buyback events after Halloween. Donated candy will be given to USO Northwest who will mail the candy to troops overseas! Kids will be given a prize depending on how much candy they donate. Learn more.
These Halloween-themed running events give you another reason to don your costume! Register for the Monster Mash Dash in Shoreline on Saturday, October 6, the West Seattle Monster Dash on Saturday, October 27 or the Run Scared 5k at Seward Park on Sunday, October 28.
Create Pumpkin Works of Art
Grab your pom-poms, paint and polka dots but leave your knives in the kitchen when you decorate a pumpkin with these great ideas.