YMCA of Greater Seattle Facility Improvement Week 2021
Last updated: May 28, 2021, at 12:14 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 10, 2018, at 3:03 p.m. PT
Once a year, we may close a local Y for Facility Improvement Week, a week full of projects like deep cleaning, painting, making repairs, and adding furniture. Find your branch's schedule and learn more about their projects:
- Sammamish Community Y: Closed Tuesday, June 8 - Monday, June 14. Reopens Tuesday, June 15
- Kent Y: Closed Sunday, June 20 - Saturday, June 26. Reopens Sunday, June 27
- Matt Griffin Y: dates to be determined
- Northshore Y: dates to be determined
- Coal Creek Y (pool-only): dates to be determined
What's going on when your local Y is closed? We'll be hard at work on:
Pool Improvements: We'll drain pools and deep clean them with an acid wash. At some pools, we'll be repairing large areas of tiles. These projects keep our pools safe, beautiful places to learn how to or practice swimming.
Gym and Fitness Classrooms: We'll strip and refinish the hardwood floors. This process is a little smelly, so it's best members and staff are out of the building as much as possible while it dries.
All Areas: Throughout the rest of the facility, we'll deep clean and refinish the floors, clean our air ducts and replace filters, and move unused equipment to create more space for the group classes you love.
Alternative Locations & Workouts
Your YMCA of Greater Seattle membership grants you unlimited access to all 14 local Ys, including 11 aquatics centers. Browse nearby locations, or find a live or on-demand workout you can do in the Virtual Y.
We'll be offering three pop-up outdoor classes at the Sammamish Community Y:
- Bootcamp, Tuesday, June 8 from 8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Cycle - All Levels, Wednesday, June 9 from 8:30-9:30am
- Zumba, Thursday, June 10 from 10:00 - 11:00 am
Make a reservation from your local Y's page. We'll add other outdoor classes as we schedule them.