- 1 in 5 youth are overweight or obese
- 76% of youth don’t get the recommended 60 minutes of moderate activity 5 days per week
- 1 in 4 students has been bullied at school
Engage Students with Play Everyday!
Play Everyday! makes recess a fun, fitness-focused event where all kids are invited and encouraged to play along. Play is critical to social, emotional and physical health but many kids aren’t getting enough.
At recess, a Y play coach facilitates the YMCA Play Everyday! program which focuses on health and skill related fitness with a mindset of inclusion. Play coaches facilitate group games and sports for kids of all ages and skill levels.
“Play Everyday! Helps all kids get involved and fence a sense of belonging at recess.”
- Aimee Miner, Principal of Lake Forest Park Elementary School
Find out how you can bring Play Everyday! to your school by contacting Courtney Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To help more kids get the exercise they need to be healthy throughout their lives
- To help kids feel confident, welcome and safe at recess and in the classroom
More students are engaged in active play; especially those that typically struggle to find a group or place to fit in
Students learn new skills and games to help them be active at recess
Schools report a significant decrease in behavior incidents during and after recess, including incidents that require staff intervention