Make Kent a Vibrant Place of Opportunity for All
Kent is a city of tremendous potential. With 125,000 residents — more than one in four of them under the age of 18 —it’s a great place for families and seniors, singles and couples, and everyone in between. Kent is home to growing businesses, vibrant social opportunities, and rich diversity.
But there’s something missing.
Kent has too few places where people of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds can come together to be active and healthy, educated, and inspired by one another—engaged in building a stronger community for us all.
The Y will be one of those places for Kent. With your help, we can give Kent exciting new opportunities to exercise and play, to swim and be healthy, to learn new things, and to contribute to the life and vitality of our community. Together, we can help everyone build community, reach their fullest potential, and improve their health and well-being.
Opportunities for All: The Y Campaign for Kids and Communities
This campaign will raise over $27 million to build a comprehensive Y that will transform the Kent community. Our new Y will become a hub of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility for generations to come, serving 22,000 people each year.
• Comprehensive state-of-the-art facility
• Dedicated community gathering spaces
• Exceptional aquatic center with lap lanes and family swim areas
• Gym, group fitness, and cardio spaces
• Indoor and outdoor recreation surrounded by Morrill Meadows Park
• A New American Welcome Center for newcomers
• Significant expansion of school, child care, and enrichment programs for youth