It's Time for Your Next Adventure
After tackling an adventure-filled BOLD & GOLD expedition, you may have the opportunity to continue challenging yourself by moving from a young participant to a Leader In Training. LIT’s are personally recommended by their BOLD & GOLD instructors and will have the chance to help mentor younger participants, contribute to the leadership team and continue growing their own wilderness and outdoor skills.
Becoming a LIT
Not only will you get to experience the natural beauty of Washington state, but as a LIT you will also develop leadership, group management and wilderness technical skills through a series of training sessions, and experiential opportunities.
Why Join the LIT Program
- A one-week Youth Leadership Training backpacking course on June 21-28 or July 4-11, 2020
- An additional trip, where as an LIT you will help lead middle school students with two experienced BOLD or GOLD leaders (July-August 2020)
- On-going support and mentorship throughout the summer
- Individual outdoor professional development plan counseling
- Unique leadership experiences that stand out on your resume or college applications
- Strong references from professionals in the outdoor, experiential education and non-profit worlds
- Earn 150 service hours