Top 5 Ways to Get Started at the Y
Last updated: January 13, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. PT
Originally published: October 9, 2018, at 1:21 p.m. PT
Starting a new physical activity routine, especially if you’re new can be daunting! At the Y, we’re here to help you not only find your way around but help you to set and reach your personal wellness goals. Whether you’re a new member or thinking about joining, you’ll find our knowledgeable staff is standing by to help you find what you’re looking for at the Y.
The Y is unique. We’re a community of individuals who want to help every person reach their potential. From class recommendations, to how to use equipment effectively and safely, Y staff are here to help you get the most out of your membership.
Here are the top 5 things to get started as a member at the Y:
- Sign up for your free consultation to create a Personalized Wellness Plan. Making a plan helps you identify and stick with your goals!
- Check out our group fitness schedule to find the classes right for you. There’s something for everyone!
- Sign up for personal training or small group training for a more personalized focus on your training.
- Take part in the Y’s cause of strengthening community through volunteering. It’s a great way to serve your community for the causes you care about.
- Sometimes getting started is just finding the motivation to take that first step. Follow along with staff blogger, FitWit, on her journey to get healthy.
There are tons of reasons to become a Y member: access to all Ys across greater Seattle with state-of-the-art equipment, programs and activities for the whole family, free Kids Zone care while you workout and becoming a part of a community that truly cares.