Recipe: Vietnamese Fresh Roll Bowls
Last updated: February 15, 2023, at 4:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 15, 2023, at 2:14 p.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- ¼ cup each chopped Thai basil, mint, and cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp or cubed tofu
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Whisk rice vinegar, honey, fish sauce, lime juice, and water.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions and rinse well with cold water.
- Toss noodles with the dressing and all of the herbs.
- Divide the noodles between four bowls and arrange jalapeno, avocado, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.