Recipe: Stovetop Creamy Corn
Last updated: October 26, 2021, at 8:16 a.m. PT
Originally published: October 22, 2021, at 10:51 a.m. PT
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 5 cups corn kernels (canned or thawed, from frozen)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil over medium heat and saute onions until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk until bubbling.
- Slowly add milk, whisking until smooth.
- Add corn, salt and pepper and continue to cook, stirring often until thickened – about 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA