Recipe: Sesame Ginger Salmon Vermicelli Bowls
Last updated: July 24, 2023, at 11:28 a.m. PT
Originally published: July 24, 2023, at 10:08 a.m. PT
- 4 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Furikake, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions and rinse with cold water to stop cooking – drain well and set aside.
- Make dressing by whisking together 4 tablespoons tamari, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and toss with cooked noodles.
- In a medium bowl, toss the salmon with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, salt, pepper, ginger and maple syrup.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook salmon for 2-3 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through.
- Divide noodles among four bowls and top with cooked salmon, edamame, cucumbers, carrots, and avocados.
- Garnish with furikake and crushed red pepper flakes.