Recipe: Scandinavian Shrimp Salad
Last updated: March 28, 2022, at 9:32 a.m. PT
Originally published: February 25, 2022, at 10:46 a.m. PT
- 12 ounces baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly, fronds reserved
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan covered with water. Season with salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook until tender – about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the mustard, honey, olive oil, and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove potatoes to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of dressing while still warm.
- Return water to boil and add shrimp. Remove from heat immediately and let stand until shrimp are cooked throughout – about 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to an ice bath until cooled and drained well.
- Layer lettuce leaves, sliced fennel, capers, and red onions on four serving plates.
- Top with dressed potatoes, cooked shrimp, and eggs.
- Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing and finish with fresh cracked pepper.