Recipe: Warm Lentil Salad with Poached Eggs
Last updated: March 28, 2022, at 9:32 a.m. PT
Originally published: February 25, 2022, at 11:11 a.m. PT
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and diced, leaves sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Cover lentils with water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until tender – about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon, Dijon, ¼ cup olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium heat and add carrots, celery, onions, and chard stems. Season with salt and pepper and saute until crisp-tender – about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chard leaves and cook until wilted – about 3 minutes more.
- Add vegetables to the bowl with the lentils and pour over the dressing. Toss until evenly coated.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then toss in the pine nuts, parsley, and goat cheese.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.