Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Cous Cous
Last updated: February 17, 2023, at 1:29 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 16, 2023, at 10:45 a.m. PT
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and then sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup water or broth
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup dry cous cous
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place bell pepper, carrots, onion, zucchini and 1 tablespoon oil on large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon until combined.
- Bring broth and turmeric to a boil and add cous cous and raisins. Cover and immediately remove from heat and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Transfer cous cous to a large serving bowl and toss with the dressing, chickpeas, cashews, parsley, and roasted vegetables.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, to taste.
TIP: Enjoy with Grilled Moroccan Chicken