Recipe: Hummus & Veggie Rice Bowl
Last updated: June 28, 2022, at 8:23 a.m. PT
Originally published: June 28, 2022, at 8:23 a.m. PT
- 1 cup cooked, frozen brown rice, heated according to package directions
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ cup store-bought hummus
- 2 tablespoons store-bought crispy chickpeas
- Allow rice to cool slightly before tossing with bell pepper, cucumber, onion, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, parsley, and avocado.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide hummus on two plates and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Top with rice salad and sprinkle each with crispy chickpeas.