Recipe: Fried Rice
Published: May 15, 2020, at 7:42 a.m. PT
Last updated: July 25, 2020, at 11:33 a.m. PT
In celebration of Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month, try out this recipe! (Check out the option for a healthy twist!)
Easy Vegetarian Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 large eggs
- White pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger (from a 1 inch piece)
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice (preferably leftover) - Healthy tip: you can substitute this for riced cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
Heat a large wok or cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
Beat egg with 2 teaspoons water and a large pinch salt and add to wok/skillet. Cook, stirring to form large soft curds, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
Return wok/skillet to high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Add garlic, ginger, and whites of the green onions. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
Add rice (or riced cauliflower), peas/carrots, and cooked eggs to skillet. Pour in soy sauce and cook, stirring until heated through, 1 minute. Season with salt and white pepper to taste and stir in the remaining green onions.
Serve and enjoy!