Herb and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Last updated: May 21, 2021, at 12:11 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 21, 2021, at 12:03 p.m. PT
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Balsamic glaze*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place mushroom caps upside down on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop mushroom stems.
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté mushroom stems until golden brown.
- Add garlic and sauté one minute more, season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside to cool.
- Using a fork, mix mushroom and garlic mixture with goat cheese, parsley, green onions, and honey until combined.
- Use two spoons to fill each mushroom cap with cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, toast panko in a dry skillet with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once mushrooms are done, sprinkle with toasted panko and a drizzle of balsamic reduction and serve while warm.
*Gently simmer 1 cup of balsamic vinegar in a heavy bottom pot to reduce. Once thickened to a light syrup, remove from heat, it will continue to thicken as it cools.