Advancing Equity and Justice for All | 2022 Annual Fund Drive
Last updated: April 27, 2022, at 6:39 a.m. PT
Originally published: January 20, 2022, at 10:49 a.m. PT
This February, we’re kicking off Advancing Equity and Justice for All, our annual fundraising campaign to support our most critical work in community. Our countywide goal this year is $2.1 million and will help provide youth and community with vital programs, ranging from hunger and education to foster care and healthy living, and more!
Join us this year to advance equity and justice for all through whole person health for young people by getting involved at your local Y. Whether you want to help spread the word, volunteer as a campaigner, or make a gift today, your local branch needs you!
Y Community Kick-off Celebrations
- Auburn Valley YMCA Kick-off: Recording coming soon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Bellevue Community Kick-off Event: Thursday, March 3, 6:00-7:00 PM
- Camp & Outdoor Leadership Kick-off: Recorded event coming soon. Contact Gbagley@seattleymca.org to get involved.
- Coal Creek Family YMCA Kick-off: Recorded event coming soon. Contact email@example.com to get involved.
- Dale Turner Family YMCA Kick-off: Wednesday, March 2, 6:30-7:45 PM
- Downtown Seattle YMCA Kick-off: Recorded event coming soon. Contact Kkaldenbach@seattleymca.org to get involved.
- Kent YMCA Kick-off: Recording coming soon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Matt Griffin YMCA Kick-off: Watch recorded event. Contact email@example.com to get involved.
- Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Kick-off: Watch recorded event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Northshore YMCA Kick-off: Recorded event coming soon. Contact email@example.com to get involved.
- Sammamish Community YMCA Kick-off: Watch recorded event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Snoqualmie Valley YMCA Kick-off: Watch recorded event. Contact email@example.com to get involved.
- University Family YMCA Kick-off: Watch recorded video. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kick-off: Recording coming soon. Contact email@example.com to get involved.
Why Get Involved?
The YMCA of Greater Seattle’s mission has long focused on helping young people live their healthiest lives to reach their full potential in spirit, mind, and body. Over the last two years, the loss of normalcy caused by Covid-19 created a lack of structure, routine, and social isolation, which coupled with a national reckoning with social injustice and racial disparities contributed to dramatic declines in health and well-being for young people. This is especially true among Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and other historically marginalized youth, who experienced barriers pre-pandemic and saw those barriers grow taller over the pandemic.
Even as the triple pandemics of Covid-19, systemic racism, and climate change continue to challenge us in 2022, the Y continues to serve and be there for community. As we recover and welcome community back into our Y programs and facilities, we need your help!
While membership dues cover a portion of our operations, they mostly go to maintain and upgrade our gym and pool equipment and we rely on your gifts to advance our mission with civic and social programs.
When you give to the Y, your gift has a meaningful, lasting impact in your neighborhood and across the region. Many people don't realize the Y is a nonprofit organization. It is only through the generosity of donors that we can continue to provide essential programs and services to those who need us the most.
What are we Raising Funds for?
This year, Advancing Equity and Justice for All is focused on supporting whole person health in these critical areas:
- Access for All: To ensure equitable access for all, income-based financial assistance is available, ensuing no one is denied access to Y programs and services due to financial barriers.
- Before and After School Enrichment: We work hand-in-hand with schools to foster social and emotional learning, encourage active play, and give kids the opportunity to discover what they love.
- Camp and Outdoor Leadership: Outdoor programs help build leadership, life, and community building skills through traditional camp experiences and modern curriculum focused on social and emotional learning, and environmental education and stewardship.
- Social Impact Center: The Y provides wraparound services including shelter, counseling, employment training, educational support, and more to young people through branch and community locations.
- Teen Programs: Our Ys offer a variety of skill exploration, movement, civic engagement, and leadership development programs to help teens and young adults thrive and become change makers in the world.
- Water Safety and Swim Lessons: We provide a safe environment for swimmers of all ages and abilities to set goals and achieve success, learn water safety, and enjoy swimming as a form of exercise.
- Year-Round Youth Sports: Youth sports encourage healthy kids by prioritizing family involvement, healthy competition, and the value of participation over winning.
When you invest in the Y, you are supporting the healing and recovery process from the trauma of the past and mitigating both the immediate effects and long-term disruptions to whole person health, well-being, and quality of life for youth. Your involvement ensures that those who need us most have access to quality programs, activities, and facilities.
Learn More about Advancing Equity and Justice for All.