25 Things to do Around Seattle to Celebrate
Published: April 5, 2019, at 11:49 a.m. PT
Last updated: April 5, 2019, at 2:13 p.m. PT
Looking for fun ways to celebrate an upcoming event? Whether it’s through activities at the Y or around the Seattle area, we want to help you have a good time.
- Spend the day in the International District. Meet family or friends under the big arch and walk to dinner and to the hundreds of shops and cool corners.
- Parents Night Out: Kids and parents love Parents Night Out so it’s win/win for families! Click to learn more about Parents Night Out.
- Family Camps: Spend the weekend at a Y Family Camp.
- Women’s Wellness Weekend: Enjoy various creative crafts such as pottery and jewelry making, the zipline and the giant swing. Strengthen your body with activities such as yoga, kayaking and hiking.
- Check out a concert at Benaroya Hall.
- Personal Training: Invest in yourself! Get 1:1 time with a health expert to rework your workout routine or start one for the first time.
- Small Group training/Group Exercise: Hang out with friends while you work out! Choose one of our group exercise classes (free for members) or sign up for a small group training with your friends.
- Take a Swim: Whether it’s swimming laps or just splashing around. It’s a year-round activity that you can do indoors at the Y or at the many lakes in our area.
- Check out a Nursery: Not only does are area have incredible plant nurseries, but also some have a petting zoo with local animals, no cost associated.
- Catch a game: Depending on the time of year celebrate your day at a Mariners, Sounders or Seahawks game.
- Outdoor Movies are a fun way to get outside with your family or a special someone. Find a movie near you and pack a picnic!
- Take a ferry across Puget Sound and try to spot a porpoise.
- Check out a u-pick farm and pick seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Mountain bike: Duthie Hill, Tokul, and Tiger Mountain are some of the most popular Seattle area mountain bike trails and are close enough to the city for rides before or after work.
- Hit up a concert in the park! All summer long there are free concerts in the park across the region! From Bach to local up-and-comers, find the show near you!
- Gift Mother Nature: Get a crew together to plant trees! Learn more.
- Take a daytrip to nearby mountain town, Leavenworth! Head for a hike, tube down Icicle Creek or just take in the Bavarian charm.
- Visit a park: There are hundreds of amazing public parks around Seattle. Make a goal to visit as many as you can!
- Get to know your farmer at your nearest farmer’s market. It’s a great place to connect to your community while taking a taste tour of local farms. Check out the Fremont Farmers Market which is open year-round.
- Take a bike ride on the many paved trails around Seattle!
- Kayak and paddle-board at locations across King County. You can rent them at locations around the area.
- Try rock climbing! We have lessons, classes and rentals available for rock climbing enthusiasts or just someone who is interested in learning.
- Take a hike! Find a hike right for your family’s hiking level and location at the Washington Trails Association!
- Go out to dinner! We live in area full of diverse culinary options and the freshest seafood around, take advantage of all the goodness!
- Do nothing! Sometimes the best way to celebrate is doing nothing at all.