25 Things to do Around Seattle to Celebrate
Last updated: April 5, 2019, at 2:13 p.m. PT
Originally published: April 5, 2019, at 11:49 a.m. PT
Looking for fun ways to celebrate an upcoming event? Whether it’s through activities at the Y or around the Seattle area, we want to help you have a good time.
- Spend the day in the International District. Meet family or friends under the big arch and walk to dinner and to the hundreds of shops and cool corners.
- Parents Night Out: Kids and parents love Parents Night Out so it’s win/win for families! Click to learn more about Parents Night Out.
- Family Camps: Spend the weekend at a Y Family Camp.
- Women’s Wellness Weekend: Enjoy various creative crafts such as pottery and jewelry making, the zipline and the giant swing. Strengthen your body with activities such as yoga, kayaking and hiking.
- Check out a concert at Benaroya Hall.
- Personal Training: Invest in yourself! Get 1:1 time with a health expert to rework your workout routine or start one for the first time.
- Small Group training/Group Exercise: Hang out with friends while you work out! Choose one of our group exercise classes (free for members) or sign up for a small group training with your friends.
- Take a Swim: Whether it’s swimming laps or just splashing around. It’s a year-round activity that you can do indoors at the Y or at the many lakes in our area.
- Check out a Nursery: Not only does are area have incredible plant nurseries, but also some have a petting zoo with local animals, no cost associated.
- Catch a game: Depending on the time of year celebrate your day at a Mariners, Sounders or Seahawks game.
- Outdoor Movies are a fun way to get outside with your family or a special someone. Find a movie near you and pack a picnic!
- Take a ferry across Puget Sound and try to spot a porpoise.
- Check out a u-pick farm and pick seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Mountain bike: Duthie Hill, Tokul, and Tiger Mountain are some of the most popular Seattle area mountain bike trails and are close enough to the city for rides before or after work.
- Hit up a concert in the park! All summer long there are free concerts in the park across the region! From Bach to local up-and-comers, find the show near you!
- Gift Mother Nature: Get a crew together to plant trees! Learn more.
- Take a daytrip to nearby mountain town, Leavenworth! Head for a hike, tube down Icicle Creek or just take in the Bavarian charm.
- Visit a park: There are hundreds of amazing public parks around Seattle. Make a goal to visit as many as you can!
- Get to know your farmer at your nearest farmer’s market. It’s a great place to connect to your community while taking a taste tour of local farms. Check out the Fremont Farmers Market which is open year-round.
- Take a bike ride on the many paved trails around Seattle!
- Kayak and paddle-board at locations across King County. You can rent them at locations around the area.
- Try rock climbing! We have lessons, classes and rentals available for rock climbing enthusiasts or just someone who is interested in learning.
- Take a hike! Find a hike right for your family’s hiking level and location at the Washington Trails Association!
- Go out to dinner! We live in area full of diverse culinary options and the freshest seafood around, take advantage of all the goodness!
- Do nothing! Sometimes the best way to celebrate is doing nothing at all.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA Camp Colman Camp Orkila Camp Terry YMCA Camping & Outdoor Leadership
Category: General Wellness