We keep your private information private by:
Not selling your information
You've entrusted us with your personal information, and we're committed to using it wisely. YGS will not sell your personally identifiable information (PII) to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Restricting who has access to your information
This policy applies to the personal information that you provide to YGS, either through this Site, in person, or otherwise. This policy does not apply to your use of unaffiliated sites to which this Site links.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
YGS collects personally identifiable information ("PII") from you when you voluntarily submit such information to us. This information may include your name, home address, email address, date of birth, demographic data, health information, and other information that we may need to collect in connection with specific events, including but not limited to:
- Registration for, or participation in, events, classes, camps, and other activities or programs offered by the YGS;
- Registration for surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, or other services or activities offered on this Site;
- Answering your inquiries about our Site, organization, membership, or other services or events;
- Registration as a member of YGS; and
- Participation in Nationwide Membership
Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
If you do provide us with PII for an activity, event, or service, we may use it to conduct such activity, event, or service and to notify you of future YMCA activities that may be of interest to you. YGS may contact you based on the information you provide.
We reasonably endeavor to ensure that we never intentionally disclose any of your PII as an individual to any third party for purposes unrelated to the YMCA without having received your permission except as provided for herein or otherwise as permitted or required under the law.
YGS does not rent or sell PII, including information provided about children, to third parties. YGS may share PII with trusted service providers who need your information to provide operational or other support services. We may share aggregated information, not including PII, with other YMCAs and the YMCA of the USA, a national resource office for YGS and other local YMCAs, to help improve the overall network of YMCAs.
We may also provide PII to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable laws or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the provision of such information is required or permitted by law, such as in connection with the investigation or assertion of legal defenses or for compliance matters.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We collect non-personally identifiable information without limitation, using the following types of methodology:
- "Cookie" technology: A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system to enhance your experience in using this Site and provide us with technical information about your Site usage.
- IP address tracking: An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you are on the Internet. When you request pages from our Sites, our servers log your IP address.
- Web beacons: A Web beacon, or "clear gif," is a small graphic image on a web page or web-based document that a website can use to determine a user's information.
Non-personally identifiable information might include the browser you use, the type of computer, technical information about your means of connection to our Sites (such as the operating systems and the Internet service providers utilized), and other similar information. Our systems may also automatically gather information about the areas you visit and search terms you use on our Sites and the links you may select from within our Sites to other areas of the World Wide Web or elsewhere online.
Use of Your Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We use non-personally identifiable information for our purposes related to running the YMCA and its programs, administer this Site, and, in the aggregate, determine what technologies are being used so that we may continually improve our Site. We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with other third parties.
Collection of Sensitive Information
Where necessary, we may collect certain sensitive information from you, including:
- Payment card or bank account information to process fees or donations;
- Health information in connection with various fitness programs, programs in which we are responsible for supervising children, health screenings, social services, or other health service events that we may provide from time to time;
- Access to sensitive information is restricted to those employees and vendors who have a legitimate need for access. We will not use or disclose your information to third parties unless it is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information is collected.
- Any third party that processes sensitive information on behalf of YGS will be contractually obligated to safeguard your data in the same manner as YGS.
Donations and Collection of Payment Transaction Information
When you make a payment or donation, we collect certain information needed to process your donation. We may use that information to contact you in the future about the YMCA and its programs.
Your payment information is transmitted to us using a secure internet method to ensure the privacy of this information. When your payment information resides on our computers, it is in an encrypted format, and it can only be accessed by authorized personnel with a decryption key.
Collection of Photographs
It is understood that the YGS, member organizations, the National Council of Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America aka YUSA, and collaborating third parties may use, publish and display such photographs or digital images or reproductions or video thereof, in whole or in part, for any business purpose in their discretion.
Privacy of Children
If we collect PII from children under 13 on this Site, in person, or through any other mechanism, we will take additional steps to protect the privacy of such information, including:
- Obtaining consent from the child's parent or legal guardian before collecting or using the child's PII;
- Limiting the collection of PII from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to accomplish the purpose of the collection; and
- Giving parents access to the PII we have collected from their children and offering them the opportunity to request that such PII be changed or deleted.
Links to Other Sites
Users may find other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites. Also, these sites or services, including their content and links, may change. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies, or no policy (policies) at all. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party sites or services before providing any of them with your personal information.
After registering your preferences with us online, you may receive information directly related to the areas in which you expressed interest. You may unsubscribe to YGS emails by clicking on the "manage preferences" link found in the footer of our emails. On the manage preferences page, select "opt-out of email." You can also opt-out of receiving emails or printed material from YGS by contacting us at email@example.com.
You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. We are unable to have your information removed from the records of any third party who has been provided with your information per this policy.
Personal Data Subject Access and Accuracy
You may contact YGS with inquiries or complaints regarding the use of information about you. We will use reasonable efforts to grant reasonable requests to access data about the requester. We will also make reasonable requests to correct any incorrect or misleading data about the requester.
The YMCA takes administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard against unauthorized processing of personal information, and the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data, although we cannot provide an absolute guarantee of the security of our Site or any other site on the Internet.
Consent to Transfer
The Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States, even though the United States has privacy laws that the European Union considers not adequate. By using our Site, participating in any of our services, or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Updating your Personal Information
You can update your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send Social Security Numbers or other sensitive information to us via unencrypted email.
Last updated: September 14, 2020.