A Virtual Healthy Kids Day
Healthy Kids Day is our annual, super fun, FREE day dedicated to encouraging healthy habits in kids and their families heading into the summer months. This year, Healthy Kids Day will take place on May 2, 2020 from 9:30am to 12:30pm and feature an at-home Virtual Scavenger Hunt, a live family bootcamp class, and a fun live celebration and announcement of our scavenger hunt winners by one of our District Executives.
- 9:30am Live Family Bootcamp Fitness Class on Facebook
- 10:00am to 12:00pm - Scavenger Hunt via the GooseChase App
- 12:00pm - Live announcement of Scavenger Hunt winners on Facebook
Yes, there are prizes! If you participate in the Scavenger Hunt and complete 25 missions, you will be entered to win one of the following prizes:
- Families: A free week of camp, Ybucks to spend on great YMCA programs, or a family personal training session
- Teens: AirPods or Amazon Gift Card
How the Scavenger Hunt Works
Before the event, download the GooseChase App so you're ready to go on Saturday morning! It's free.
Find the YMCA of Greater Seattle game by entering a game code:
- Family, Preschool & School-Age Scavenger Hunt: SeattleHKD
- Teen Scavenger Hunt: SeattleTeenHKD
When the clock turns to 10:00am, grab your team. Everyone who lives in the house is invited to play including older siblings, grandparents, pets, and of course, parents. Look for the YMCA of Greater Seattle event in the app, then work together to find the clues, complete fun challenges, and get active as a family!
Missions may include:
- Safety Around Water activities
- Active family challenges
- Playing family favorite board games
- Making healthy snacks
- Engaging the entire neighborhood by making sidewalk obstacle courses
- Shout outs to favorite YMCA staff
Make sure to look your quarantined best as many tasks will include photos and videos. And remember, participating families will be entered to win prizes announced in our live video after the hunt ends.