Rent Help for City of Seattle Residents
Last updated: May 2, 2022, at 9:12 a.m. PT
Originally published: March 23, 2022, at 2:07 p.m. PT
The Y Social Impact Center is offering rental and utility assistance for the City of Seattle residents. Funding is limited to 18 months of rental assistance; up to 15 months of past due rent and 3 months of future rent. Please apply through our online portal if you meet ALL criteria listed below:
- Tenant’s residence is located within City of Seattle limits.
- Unsure if an address is within City of Seattle limits? Use this City Limit Tool to find out! Enter the address and the tool will show you.
- Household must be obligated to pay rent on a residential dwelling and meet all the following criteria:
- Household income AT or BELOW 80% area median income.
- One or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- One or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability
- Tenant must attest that all information provided is correct and complete.
- Tenant must provide the following documentation after application has been received:
- Proof of Rental or Lease Agreement
- Proof of outstanding back rent owed since March 3, 2020 3.
- Provide attestation of income OR proof of income for all household members 18 years or older
Once you've applied, you'll be contacted by a Y Social Impact Center staff within 2 weeks about needed documents in order to meet additional eligibility.
- Tenants who are undocumented are eligible for this program.
- Interpretation services available.
- Rent assistance is limited and not always guaranteed depending on funding.
What if I don’t qualify?
If you do not qualify, click here to view a list of other funding sources you may qualify for or contact the Y Social Impact Center for help navigating these resources by emailing email@example.com or by texting/calling (206) 751-7130 from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Please allow up to 2 business days for a team member to respond to your inquiry.