Register: Y Break Camp During School Closures
Published: March 18, 2020, at 10:01 a.m. PT
Last updated: April 3, 2020, at 7:35 a.m. PT
For the last 144 years, the Y has stepped up to serve communities, especially during times of challenge. This time is no different. The Y has been working in partnership with King County Public Health, Department of Children Youth and Families, and local school districts to find ways to support working families who need child care.
The Y is offering full-day break camp at most of our YMCA branches throughout King County. The purpose is to provide a safe and nurturing place for youth while first responders, health care providers, and parents/guardians are required to work.
How to Register
Use the links below to register for programs by location:
Serves the greater Seattle area, including south Seattle, central Seattle, north Seattle, Ballard, Green Lake, Lake City, Phinney, Sand Point, First Hill, West Seattle, White Center, and South Park areas
- Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA in Central Seattle, near First Hill
- University Family YMCA
- West Seattle Family YMCA
Serves Bellevue, Fall City, Issaquah, Kirkland, Newcastle, North Bend, Preston, Redmond, Renton, Sammamish, and Snoqualmie areas
- Bellevue Family YMCA
- Bellevue Family YMCA (Preschool Ages 3 to 5)
- Coal Creek Family YMCA in Newcastle
- Sammamish Community YMCA
- Snoqualmie Valley YMCA
Serves Algona, Auburn, Burien, Covington, Des Moines, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Normandy Park, Pacific, Renton, SeaTac, and Tukwila areas
Serves Bothell, Brier, Duvall, Edmonds, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, North Seattle, Redmond, Shoreline, Woodinville, and Woodway areas
- Cherry Valley Elementary in Duvall
- Cottage Lake Elementary in Woodinville
- Dale Turner Family YMCA in Shoreline
- Northshore YMCA in Bothell
- Ridgecrest Elementary in Shoreline
Use these Visual Instructions to assist you with registering. This is a NEW process to allow flexibility for families by providing daily options. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that you help us prioritize care for families of first responders, health care providers of direct services, and parents/guardians who need to work. If you need additional assistance, please let us know. We are here for you. There are limited number of slots available at each location.
Daily fee is $45 and includes full-day programming, morning and afternoon snack, and lunch. Financial assistance is available. First payment is required at the time of registration. First responders and health care providers of direct services will have $0 fees for this program. Please send an email to email@example.com before registering to receive your special coupon code or learn about financial assistance options.
Precautions & Health Practices
We wanted to take a moment to share with you our preventative health practices because the well-being of staff, youth, and families are our number one priority.
We are so glad to be able to continue to support you through this difficult time. If you would like to support our work, please consider making a donation. This will help support families in need, homeless youth programs, and providing meals for youth. We're in this together!
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to remain home.
- Wellness check will be conducted for all staff and youth before attending program, including a temperature check. Anyone with 100.0F degree or higher will not be allowed to remain.
- Ongoing cleaning will be scheduled during the day, especially in common areas.
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers.
- Nightly disinfectant cleaning will be done as an additional measure.
- During program hours, youth will be organized in small groups (9 youth and 1 staff) and rotate through activities as part of social distancing and to meet the developmental needs of youth.
- Parents/Guardians will be dropping off and picking up at the entrance and not allowed to access the program space.