Recipe: Roasted Chicken Fajitas
Last updated: December 3, 2020, at 4:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: October 12, 2020, at 3:34 p.m. PT
This simple and delicious dinner is always a crowd pleaser!
- 2 teaspoons each – chili powder, cumin and dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 3 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges with root intact
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ lime
- Corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Plain Greek yogurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Scatter the chicken, bell peppers and onion on your prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Toss to coat everything evenly with oil and spices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve in warm tortillas topped with avocado and yogurt.