Recipe: Fruit & Nut Breakfast Bars
Last updated: October 6, 2021, at 9:36 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 1:08 p.m. PT
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup ounces mixed dried fruit & nuts
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8X8” baking pan with parchment paper and grease.
- In your food processor, pulse the butter, fruit, nuts, oats, flour, baking powder, and salt until mixture comes together.
- Add honey and pulse until combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and press into the corners.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before lifting out and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA