Recipe: Ginger Chicken Rice Bowl
Last updated: August 25, 2021, at 3:56 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 25, 2021, at 3:56 p.m. PT
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 4 ounces ground chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger (or 1/8 teaspoon dried)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- Cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro • Sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, breaking up the chicken with your spatula until well crumbled and cooked through – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to the heat and add mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Cook, occasionally stirring until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring for one minute.
- Add reserved chicken, spinach, tamari, and vinegar, stirring until spinach has wilted.
- Serve over rice, garnished with cilantro, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.