Recipe: Ginger Chicken Rice Bowl
Last updated: August 25, 2021, at 3:56 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 25, 2021, at 3:56 p.m. PT
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 4 ounces ground chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger (or 1/8 teaspoon dried)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- Cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro • Sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, breaking up the chicken with your spatula until well crumbled and cooked through – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to the heat and add mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Cook, occasionally stirring until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring for one minute.
- Add reserved chicken, spinach, tamari, and vinegar, stirring until spinach has wilted.
- Serve over rice, garnished with cilantro, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA