Recipe: White Bean Soup
Last updated: August 25, 2021, at 3:22 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 25, 2021, at 3:22 p.m. PT
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup broth • Ume plum vinegar, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Grated parmesan to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a small saucepan and add onions.
- Cook until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, rosemary, and pepper, cooking for one minute more.
- Add beans and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use a potato masher to slightly mash the beans and thicken the soup.
- If using, add vinegar, a few drops at a time, to taste.
- Serve topped with parsley and grated parmesan cheese.