Ready, Set, Go! Wellness Challenge
Last updated: March 3, 2023, at 3:39 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 1, 2023, at 8:24 a.m. PT
Add meaning to your movement by participating in our March Wellness Challenge for a cause.
Whether you want to walk, run, or swim, choose your exercise of choice, set a goal, and track your time throughout the month to meet it.
What should my goal be?
150 minutes of moderate level activity a week reduces the risk of most chronic disease, including lower blood pressure, improved insulin response (lower blood sugar), improved fitness/stamina/endurance, lower risk of cardiovascular disease, pain management, better sleep, better mood, and stress relief. If that's a challenge for you, start there, or if that sounds too easy, challenge yourself and set a higher goal!
How to Participate
1. Download a tracking sheet to record your movement: Download PDF
2. Choose your Local Y and start a fundraiser (Optional)
Take your accountability and motivation to the next level by starting an online fundraiser for your local Y’s Annual Fund Drive!
- Auburn Valley YMCA
- Bellevue Family YMCA
- Coal Creek Family YMCA
- Dale Turner Family YMCA
- Downtown Seattle YMCA
- Kent YMCA
- Matt Griffin YMCA
- Meredith Matthews East Madison YMCA
- Northshore YMCA
- Sammamish Community YMCA
- Snoqualmie Valley YMCA
- University Family YMCA
- West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA
3. Turn in your tracking sheet to the front desk at the end of March, and you'll be entered to win 1 of 25 tumblers. Please note that you don't have to complete every line - giving your best effort to meet your goal is what matters. Good luck!