Recipe: Roasted Chickpea, Cauliflower, and Avocado Salad
Last updated: February 16, 2023, at 9:19 a.m. PT
Originally published: February 16, 2023, at 9:19 a.m. PT
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups spring greens
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower, chickpeas with 2 tablespoons olive oil and chipotle powder, smoked paprika, garlic and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is deep golden brown and tender.
- In a large serving bowl, toss greens with cucumbers, dill, and green onions. Top with the avocado.
- Whisk together the remaining ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, honey, Dijon, tahini, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the greens with a small bit of the dressing and top salad with roasted cauliflower and chickpeas and top with avocado slices and pepitas. Serve with additional dressing on the side.