Bellevue Family YMCA
Youth Sports Player Information
Ready to play? There's a sport for every kid at the Y! Check out our youth sports offerings to find the right sport for the budding athlete in your family. Information for youth sports leagues currently running can be found below.
For ages 3 - 5, Minis sports are instructional and recreational 8-class programs offered throughout the year. They are designed especially for preschoolers to have fun while learning rules and basic skills of the game. The focus is on inclusion, teamwork, sportsmanship and building confidence. Minis do not play official games or keep score, it is all about fun and learning!
All teams are co-ed and led by YMCA staff. This program requires parental involvement to help encourage the most fun and participation. Practices with scrimmages are held once per week. Each player gets a YMCA t-shirt to wear on and off the court.
Starting dates, ending dates and practice days and times depend on the session you signed up for!
Winter Basketball Divisions
- Minis: Ages 3 - 5
Minis practice and scrimmage once per week. Starting and ending dates depend on the session you signed up for.
- Rookies: Grades K – 2
Practices start the week of December 2. No practice during the week of December 23 or December 30. Games start January 11, with final game on February 29.
- Juniors: Grades 3 – 6
Practices start the week of December 2. No practice during the week of December 23 or December 30. Games start January 11, culminating in a tournament March 6 – 8.
Winter Basketball Dates
- Week of November 11: Lin Martinez will reach out with practice information and updates.
- December 20: Game schedules released.
- February 15: No games over President's Day weekend.
Winter Basketball Important Information
- Games are played on Friday nights or Saturdays.
- Practices will be at the Bellevue Family YMCA.
- Games will be at different YMCA locations and schools in the greater Seattle area.
- Players should wear athletic shoes and whatever they feel comfortable running, jumping, and playing an indoor sport in. They should also bring a water bottle.
- Uniform tops will be distributed at the first game of the season or at a practice before.
- Coaches will inform players of team picture day date, time, and location, once confirmed.
- We encourage all parents to stay at practices and games for the duration.
- Program Cards: If a participant is not a YMCA member, we will issue a Program Card to use for check-in to the facility for practices and games.
- Spectator Cards: Families will be issued three Spectator Cards to use for guests who are not YMCA members. Guests will need to fill out a Visitor Information Form if they have not filled it out at a previous visit. We advise guests to fill this form out early or give ample time before their visit to fill out the form and check in to the facility. Guests who are 16 years old or older must have valid identification. There will be no exceptions.
- Guests will only be allowed in the gymnasium during practices and/or games and will not have access to other areas of the YMCA.