Activity Cancellation and Refund Policies
(Does not include licensed or exempt child care programs, early education, day camps, overnight camps and excursions. You can see that policy here.)
The YMCA of Greater Seattle does not impose contracts on our members or participants. Members or participants are free to cancel at any time. Written notice is required and must submitted prior to any scheduled payments.
Participant initiated cancellations
- If a participant wishes to cancel a class or program with a fee, they may do so at any time. To receive a full (100%) refund the participant must submit their cancellation request in writing 14 days prior to the program start date. Nonrefundable deposits will not be refunded.
- Cancellations within 14 days of the start date will be provided a program credit for the full cost of the program less the nonrefundable deposit.
- Not attending the program does not entitle a participant to a credit or refund. When enrolled the participant is reserving space, time, and staffing whether or not the participant attends the program.
- When special circumstances arise where participation is not possible (i.e. family emergency) participant may email request for consideration of a credit or refund.
- If someone starts a program late and misses 25% or more of the program, the Y will pro-rate a maximum of 25% of the program fee.
YMCA initiated cancellations or temporary facility closure
- All schedules, activities, class fees and staff may be changed or cancelled by the YMCA without notice. If the YMCA cancels a fee-based class or program for any reason, a credit toward another session/service will be issued automatically. Credits will be applied to any past due or future scheduled payments. Upon written request via web form, a refund will be provided.
- When the Y closes a facility temporarily due to weather, emergency, facility improvement or community related concerns, the Y will issue a prorated activity credit for each class or session missed. Credits will be applied to any past due or future scheduled payments. Upon written request via web form, a refund will be provided.
Effective: July 10, 2020.