YGS Employee Total Rewards – 2022
Last updated: April 15, 2022, at 9:25 a.m. PT
Originally published: October 11, 2021, at 9:06 a.m. PT
The YMCA of Greater Seattle (YGS) seeks to be the “employer of choice” in King County. Our employees are the backbone of our work and their expertise, skills, talents, and creativity in the workplace deserve to be nurtured as active and engaged members of the YGS team. YGS recognizes every employee must have access to compensation, time, and resources that not only appropriately recognizes their work but also allows our employees to provide and care for themselves and their loved ones. Every employee needs to be able to rest and rejuvenate, to personally invest in their whole-person health, and to continue to grow and develop as individuals. The intrinsic benefits of working at YGS include our commitments to transparent and supportive work culture, clear steps to career growth and learning, and consistent recognition. YGS Employee Total Rewards represent the full-weighted financial investment YGS makes in each of our employees.
The following components reflect the entire package available to YGS employees:
- Compensation—YGS strives to establish compensation levels based on external competitiveness within our sector and internal equity.
- Y Retirement— For employees who are 21 years of age or older and complete two 12- month periods of Y service, working at least 1,000 hours in each, beginning with the date of hire, YGS contributes on behalf of each eligible employee an amount equal to 12% of their gross compensation.
- 403(b) Tax-Deferred Savings Plan—Available to all employees. This plan allows employees to save additional pre-tax amounts through payroll deduction.
- Health Benefits – Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees and their eligible dependents.
- Life Insurance – On the first of the month following or coincident with the completion of 2 months of full-time employment, YGS pays 100% of the premium for life insurance for one time the employee’s annual salary
- Long-term disability insurance – On the first of the month following or coincident with the completion of 2 months of full-time employment, YGS pays 100% of the premium for life insurance for one time the employee’s annual salary.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Childcare – Full-time employees can put aside money on a pre-tax basis for eligible expenses not covered or reimbursed by other insurance to include childcare and eldercare expenses
- Cell Phone Discount Plans – YGS has partnered with T-Mobile and Verizon to offer discounted wireless plans for Y employees and their family members.
- T-Mobile: Call 1-888-256-5541 to get started and mention promo code: 37896TMOFAV. Orders cannot be placed online, and questions can be directed to Blaine Nixon at https://go.business.t-mobile.com/BNixon.
- Verizon: Visit any Verizon Store to receive a 30% discount on plans and discounts on some accessories. You must identify yourself as a YMCA employee, as this agreement is with Y-USA.
- Employee Child Care Discount Plan – The employee discount for Y childcare is currently 34% of the member rate, not to exceed $5,000 a year.
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, confidential counseling and educational resources through Wellspring. This program is available at no cost to all employees and members of your household and children up to age 26 (regardless of whether they live with you or are covered on your medical insurance). The program provides free phone consultation and up to three free face-to-face sessions with a licensed counselor.
- YGS membership— All full-time employees and their immediate families qualify for free Y Membership. Part-time staff qualify for free individual membership.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – increasing accrual levels based on time of service for full time employees. There is no PTO cash-out upon separation. PTO carry-over cap is 120 hours. New hires are on-boarded with 40 hours of PTO at start and at the beginning of the year for their first three years of employment (PT is 20 hours).
- Personal Holidays – Scheduling of 8 Paid holidays (PHOL)—full time employees may choose to take 8 paid holidays according to the days they wish to celebrate; December 25 is a holiday designated for all staff; PHOL is allocated 2 days per quarter
- Bereavement Leave—In the event of the death of an immediate family member, the Y allows full-time employees up to three days off with pay.
- ORCA Business Passport— Staff at the Association Branch and Downtown Branch who work at least 2 shifts or teach 2 classes to qualify for the ORCA Business Passport, with a small fee paid by the participating employee
- Severance Agreement – May be available to employees whose positions have been eliminated and have sought to obtain another comparable YGS position. The severance cap is no more than 4 weeks’ pay.
- Access to Pet Insurance
- Y-USA Education Benefits – Available to all YMCA staff, Y-USA offers a variety of learning and development opportunities, from taking skills training classes to earning a Y-USA Professional Certification to obtaining a graduate degree.
- Remote Work Opportunities— Availability to work from home during COVID (based on position requirements); after COVID, remote work will be approved on a limited basis.
- Employee Resource Groups
- Student Loan Forgiveness - As an employee of a nonprofit organization you may qualify for Federal Student Loan forgiveness (based on eligibility criteria). Learn More>