Rent Help Available for Residents of King County
Last updated: December 27, 2021, at 8:39 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 3, 2020, at 9:46 a.m. PT
Struggling to pay rent? You're not alone. The Y Social Impact Center is offering rental assistance for residents in King County.
Apply if you meet ALL criteria listed below:
- Tenant’s residence is located within the King County.
- Household income AT or BELOW 80% area median income over the past 12 months.
- Tenant must confirm they are at risk of experiencing homelessness or currently experiencing housing instability.
- Tenant must confirm they have been economically impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic period beginning January 27th, 2020 to present, causing loss of income and inability to pay rent.
- Landlord must provide documents that show a tenant is still occupying the residence and has missed/past due rent payments not paid or partially unpaid since March 1, 2020.
- Landlord must agree to payment and sign Terms and Conditions.
Once you've applied, you'll be contacted by a Y Social Impact Center staff within 2 weeks about needed documents in order to meet additional eligibility.
- Tenants who are undocumented are eligible for this program.
- Assistance is available to tenants in formal and informal (friend/family) rental agreements.
- Interpretation services available.
- Rent assistance is limited to three months and it is limited to past due rent only.
What if I don’t qualify?
If you do not qualify, below is a list of other funding sources you may qualify for or contact the Y Social Impact Center for help navigating these resources by emailing email@example.com or call (206) 751-7130 from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Additional Resources for Rent Help
Some resources will require you to call 2-1-1. Resources with * serve under 18 years old.
- **Emergency Shelter for under 18: South King County Youth Shelter: (253) 275-1634
- **Child in Need of Services (CHINS)
- King County Resources
- Housing Justice Project Phone: (206) 267-7069 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Puget Sound Energy Assistance
- LCYC: King County COVID 19 Resources
- King County Rental Assistance
- Rental Assistance Hope Line 425-869-6000
- Hope link (Eastside) 425-943-7555
- Solid Ground Tenant Services 206-694-6767
- Community Information 206-461-3200
- Housing & Essential Needs Programs 206-328-5755
- County Crisis Clinic 1800-621-4636 or 206-461-3222
- King County Supportive Services for Veteran Families 206-545-2344
- Catholic Community Services: 206-323-6336 or Emergency Assistance program 253-850-2523. (DSHS referral needed)
- Emergency Shelter Brochure
- COVID 19- Stimulus checks (16yo+)
- COVID 19- Unemployment benefits
- Byrd Barr Place Rental Assistance
- Pierce County Resources
- Snohomish County Resources