Welcoming Week Challenge | September 12 - 20
Published: September 3, 2020, at 6:15 p.m. PT
Last updated: September 7, 2020, at 2:05 p.m. PT
Celebrate the Power of Inclusion
We believe our communities are stronger when everyone feels welcome and we work together for the common good. Welcoming Week celebrates the growing movement of communities that fully embrace new Americans and their contributions to the social fabric of our country. As part of our free Welcoming Week celebrations and activities, the Y is hosting a challenge for kids, teens, and families with a focus on celebrating cultures and people in America.
- Download the GooseChase App so you're ready to go when the challenge starts. It's free!
- Find the YMCA of Greater Seattle game by entering a game code: 1BPD7G or by searching for Welcoming Week – YMCA of Greater Seattle .
- Get creative with your team name and we might just award bonus points to those that stand out!
- Beginning Saturday, September 12 and continuing through Friday, September 18, complete as many of the missions as you can. Pay attention to points because some missions are worth more than others! We'll add new missions every day for you to complete.
- Kids and teens can play on their own, with siblings or pets, and even parents can get in on the activity!
- Invite your friends! This challenge is free and open to all, so invite your friends and family, and encourage healthy competition and lots of play, plus earn some bragging rights and a prize!
- Prizes! The teams with the most bonus points will win a Target gift card to help with any supplies the winners may need to start the school year off strong.
Complete all or some of the missions to celebrate Welcoming Week including:
- Learn to say hello in a different language!
- Share a song or artist you listen to that is from a different country.
- Tell us a place where you feel or felt welcome.
- Describe your favorite family tradition.
- Share a meal that you enjoy from a different culture.