Register: Y Camp Imagine During School Closures
Published: March 18, 2020, at 10:01 a.m. PT
Last updated: May 16, 2020, at 1:29 p.m. PT
For the last 144 years, the Y has stepped up to serve communities, especially during times of challenge. This time is no different. Since March 18, the Y has been working in partnership with King County Public Health, the Department of Children Youth and Families, and local school districts to support essential working families who need child care.
Through our Camp Imagine, the Y offers full-day programs most of our YMCA branches and at some local elementary schools throughout King County. Kids, maybe now more than ever, need the ability to just be kids through activities designed to encourage imagination, play, movement, and joy. Along with fun and certainty in this tough time, kids in Y Camp Imagine will receive:
- Arts & STEM enrichment activities
- Virtual school assignment support in the Learning Lab
- Physical activity and group games
- Social interactions and peer engagement
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Friday spirit theme days
- Virtual challenges between the 18 sites
- Caring and supportive Y staff
Use the links below to register for programs by location:
Serves the greater Seattle area, including south Seattle, central Seattle, north Seattle, Ballard, Green Lake, Lake City, Phinney, Sand Point, First Hill, West Seattle, White Center, and South Park areas
- Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA in Central Seattle, near First Hill
- University Family YMCA
- West Seattle Family YMCA
Serves Bellevue, Fall City, Issaquah, Kirkland, Newcastle, North Bend, Preston, Redmond, Renton, Sammamish, and Snoqualmie areas
- Bellevue Family YMCA
- Bellevue Family YMCA (Preschool Ages 3 to 5)
- Coal Creek Family YMCA in Newcastle
- Sammamish Community YMCA
- Snoqualmie Valley YMCA
Serves Algona, Auburn, Burien, Covington, Des Moines, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Normandy Park, Pacific, Renton, SeaTac, and Tukwila areas
- Auburn Valley YMCA
- Kent YMCA
- Matt Griffin YMCA in SeaTac
- White Center Heights Elementary in White Center, Highline
Serves Bothell, Brier, Duvall, Edmonds, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, North Seattle, Redmond, Shoreline, Woodinville, and Woodway areas
- Cherry Valley Elementary in Duvall
- Cottage Lake Elementary in Woodinville
- Dale Turner Family YMCA in Shoreline
- Northshore YMCA in Bothell
- Ridgecrest Elementary in Shoreline
We ask that you help us prioritize care for families of first responders, health care providers and parents/guardians who are essential workers. If the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order is adjusted to include additional businesses and workers, we will be ready to serve more families if needed.
The daily fee is $45 and includes full-day programming, morning and afternoon snack, and lunch. Financial assistance is available. The first payment is required at the time of registration.First responders, direct service medical personnel and essential workers as defined by Governor Inslee’s order, will have their fees waived 100% for the program. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before registering to receive your special coupon code or learn about financial assistance options.
Use these Visual Instructions to assist you with registering. This is a new process to allow flexibility for families by providing daily options. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Before your first day you will receive a Welcome Email with additional information and access to our Parent Handbook. This information will outline some of our policies and authorize us to provide sunscreen if needed.
We will be moving to an electronic sign in attendance system at each site beginning April 27. You will need to be registered in advance to be able to attend. Please note that if you are not registered, you will need to complete registration online or over the phone before dropping your child off.
Please provide at least 48 hours of notice for any cancellation or schedule adjustments. Those requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Precautions & Health Practices
We wanted to take a moment to share with you our preventative health practices because the well-being of staff, youth, and families are our number one priority.
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to remain home.
- Wellness check will be conducted for all staff and youth before attending program, including a temperature check. Anyone with 100.0F degree or higher will not be allowed to remain.
- Ongoing cleaning will be scheduled during the day, especially in common areas.
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers.
- Nightly disinfectant cleaning will be done as an additional measure.
- During program hours, youth will be organized in small groups (9 youth and 1 staff) and rotate through activities as part of social distancing and to meet the developmental needs of youth.
- Parents/Guardians will be dropping off and picking up at the entrance and not allowed to access the program space.
We are so glad to be able to continue to support you through this difficult time. If you would like to support our work, please consider making a donation. This will help support families in need, homeless youth programs, and providing meals for youth. We're in this together!