Last updated: August 25, 2021, at 1:43 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 25, 2021, at 1:43 p.m. PT
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove stems from parsley and reserve for another use.
- Mince parsley until very fine and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Finely mince garlic and add to the parsley.
- Add lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Using the back of a spoon, press mixture together to release flavors OR transfer to a mortar and pestle.
- Serve on roasted vegetables, fish, eggs, pasta dishes or meat.
Drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil over the mixture and mix thoroughly to preserve or use as a marinade. Add a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar and whisk to make a salad dressing or drizzle.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA