Last updated: August 25, 2021, at 1:43 p.m. PT
Originally published: August 25, 2021, at 1:43 p.m. PT
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove stems from parsley and reserve for another use.
- Mince parsley until very fine and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Finely mince garlic and add to the parsley.
- Add lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Using the back of a spoon, press mixture together to release flavors OR transfer to a mortar and pestle.
- Serve on roasted vegetables, fish, eggs, pasta dishes or meat.
Drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil over the mixture and mix thoroughly to preserve or use as a marinade. Add a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar and whisk to make a salad dressing or drizzle.