Recipe: Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
Last updated: December 22, 2020, at 8:21 a.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 8:16 a.m. PT
These require zero active cooking time and turn out perfectly every time.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (or as many as you’d like!)
- Scrub sweet potatoes until clean.
- Place still damp potatoes in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.
MEAL PREP IDEAS
- Serve topped with Marinated Mixed Beans.
- Serve as a simple side dish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Remove skins and mash with a pat of butter and milk of choice.
- Season with EITHER cinnamon and a tiny bit of maple syrup OR salt, pepper, and smoked paprika depending if you want savory or sweet.
- Top with your favorite chili.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens and stuff with cooked, shredded chicken breast that has been tossed in your favorite hot sauce.
- Drizzle lightly with ranch or blue cheese dressing and top with chopped green onions.
- Top with cooked taco meat (beef or turkey), shredded cheese, salsa and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.
- Stuff with chopped roasted red peppers and black beans seasoned with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Top with avocado, cilantro, and plain Greek yogurt.
- Chop cooled sweet potatoes and sauté in olive oil with onions and bell pepper.
- Top with a poached egg.