Recipe: Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
Last updated: December 22, 2020, at 8:21 a.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 8:16 a.m. PT
These require zero active cooking time and turn out perfectly every time.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (or as many as you’d like!)
- Scrub sweet potatoes until clean.
- Place still damp potatoes in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.
MEAL PREP IDEAS
- Serve topped with Marinated Mixed Beans.
- Serve as a simple side dish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Remove skins and mash with a pat of butter and milk of choice.
- Season with EITHER cinnamon and a tiny bit of maple syrup OR salt, pepper, and smoked paprika depending if you want savory or sweet.
- Top with your favorite chili.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens and stuff with cooked, shredded chicken breast that has been tossed in your favorite hot sauce.
- Drizzle lightly with ranch or blue cheese dressing and top with chopped green onions.
- Top with cooked taco meat (beef or turkey), shredded cheese, salsa and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.
- Stuff with chopped roasted red peppers and black beans seasoned with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Top with avocado, cilantro, and plain Greek yogurt.
- Chop cooled sweet potatoes and sauté in olive oil with onions and bell pepper.
- Top with a poached egg.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA