Recipe: Marinated Mixed Beans
Last updated: December 21, 2020, at 5:10 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 21, 2020, at 5:05 p.m. PT
This quick but flavorful mix lasts several days in the fridge and can be used in many ways!
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, parsley, mint, dill and olive oil until well mixed.
- Add beans, black eyed peas, bell pepper and pepper flakes.
- Add shallot and vinegar, season with salt and pepper, to taste and gently toss to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
MEAL PREP IDEAS
- Serve on top of Hearty Greens Salad
- Serve with roasted sweet potatoes
- Serve on bread, brushed with olive oil and grilled
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA