Recipe: Marinated Mixed Beans
Last updated: December 21, 2020, at 5:10 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 21, 2020, at 5:05 p.m. PT
This quick but flavorful mix lasts several days in the fridge and can be used in many ways!
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, parsley, mint, dill and olive oil until well mixed.
- Add beans, black eyed peas, bell pepper and pepper flakes.
- Add shallot and vinegar, season with salt and pepper, to taste and gently toss to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
MEAL PREP IDEAS
- Serve on top of Hearty Greens Salad
- Serve with roasted sweet potatoes
- Serve on bread, brushed with olive oil and grilled