Recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
Last updated: December 22, 2020, at 8:42 a.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 8:35 a.m. PT
These are very simply seasoned so you can change the flavor at each meal.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix salt, garlic, onion and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Pour broth and oil into your slow cooker and lay the chicken on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours until cooked through (165 degrees F)
- Shred while warm (if shredding) or allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing (if slicing). Chicken can also be left whole if preferred.
- Store any leftovers, tightly wrapped in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
MEAL PREP IDEAS
- Chopped chicken salad sandwiches.
- Add to cooked pasta, with pesto sauce and roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Add as protein to any mixed green salad.
- Shortcut chicken noodle soup! Saute sliced carrots, celery and onions in olive oil. Add chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add cooked pasta and shredded chicken. Top with fresh parsley.
- Use as a burrito, enchilada, or taco filling.
- Make a Mediterranean grain bowl with cooked whole grains, topped with chicken, cucumber, olives, feta, tomatoes, baby spinach and sliced red onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Stir fry with cooked and cooled brown rice, chopped carrots, peas, onions, scrambled egg and soy sauce for a quick fried rice.
- Make a stir fry loaded with your favorite veggies and sauce, add chicken at the end and cook until heated through.
- Add to your favorite casserole dish.