Recipe: Hearty Greens Salad
Last updated: December 22, 2020, at 8:15 a.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 8:03 a.m. PT
This salad utilizes hearty greens making it last longer in the fridge without getting soggy or wilted. Simply dressed, it can be served up a multitude of ways.
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt (preferably full fat)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 bunch chard, stems removed and chopped
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, yogurt, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to emulsify. Alternatively, you can add all to a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to mix.
- Toss the kale with ½ cup (or to taste) of the dressing. Reserve the extra dressing for another use later in the week.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
MEAL PREP IDEAS
- Serve topped with crumbled goat cheese, toasted pecans and apple slices.
- Serve alongside your choice of protein (i.e. roasted salmon, grilled chicken, baked tofu).
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese, croutons and a poached egg.
- Serve topped with Marinated Mixed Beans or sustainably harvested canned tuna.