Recipe: Skillet Roasted Chicken with Thyme Jus
Last updated: March 30, 2022, at 9:25 a.m. PT
Originally published: February 25, 2022, at 3:06 p.m. PT
- 1 whole chicken (2-3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken dry.
- Truss the bird by tucking wings under the bird and using kitchen twine to tie drumsticks together.
- Evenly sprinkle salt evenly over the whole chicken and then season with fresh black pepper.
- Place the chicken in a cast-iron skillet and place in a preheated oven.
- Roast until cooked throughout – 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken to a carving board to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the thyme to the hot pan juices and swirl until fragrant.
- Remove twine and carve chicken as desired.
- Serve carved chicken with thyme pan juices poured on top.
TIP: Try it with Spring Grain Salad on the side.