Recipe: Spring Grain Salad
Last updated: March 28, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. PT
Originally published: February 25, 2022, at 3:16 p.m. PT
- 8 ounces pearled farro
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flaky salt & pepper
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
- Add farro, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and spread grains on a baking sheet or large plate to allow to cool.
- Sprinkle grains with lemon zest and gently toss.
- Cut asparagus into 1” pieces.
- Heat avocado oil over medium heat and cook asparagus until just barely crisp tender– about 2 minutes.
- Whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil.
- In a serving bowl, toss together the cooled grains, asparagus, and dressing.
- Season with flaky salt, fresh ground black pepper and parsley and gently toss again.
- This pairs beautifully with our Skillet Roasted Chicken with Thyme Jus. Make it vegetarian by skipping the meat and adding chopped hazelnuts and crumbled goat cheese OR sliced almonds and shaved pecorino cheese to the finished grain salad.