Recipe: Roasted Spaghetti Squash
Last updated: January 4, 2022, at 2:29 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 4, 2022, at 2:25 p.m. PT
- 2 whole spaghetti squash
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the squash into 2” rings, scraping out the seeds as you go.
- Lay the rings on a clean kitchen or paper towel and sprinkle liberally with salt on both sides.
- Allow the salted squash to rest for 15 minutes to release some of the water.
- Wipe the moisture and excess salt from the squash and lay them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender but not too soft.
- Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Use a fork to remove the squash “noodles” from the skin and fluff gently with a fork.
TIP: enjoy it with Chicken Parmesan
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA