Recipe: Chicken Parmesan
Last updated: January 4, 2022, at 2:29 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 4, 2022, at 2:23 p.m. PT
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 1 ½ cups prepared marinara sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash Noodles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, panko, parmesan, dried herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Cut each piece of chicken in half horizontally to create four thin pieces of chicken breast.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing down as needed to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat and add the chicken.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and pour the sauce over and around the chicken.
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven for a few minutes until the sauce is hot and the cheese is melted and browned in spots.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve on top of roasted spaghetti squash noodles.
TIP: enjoy it with Roasted Spaghetti Squash
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA