Recipe: Parmesan Veggie Frittata
Last updated: December 22, 2020, at 11:39 a.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 11:26 a.m. PT
Frittatas are an easy way to start your day with a satisfying mix of protein and vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced into half-moon
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced asparagus
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large ovenproof skillet and add onion, pepper, asparagus and mushrooms. Sauté until softened – about 8 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1-2 minutes more. Spread veggie mixture evenly over the pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, pepper and salt. Pour egg mixture evenly over the vegetables. Allow to cook for a few minutes or until edges begin to set.
- Transfer to middle rack of oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the middle is set. Cooking time varies depending on size of pan.
- Toss arugula with lemon juice and flaky sea salt and set aside.
- Remove frittata from oven and loosen the edges with a spatula. Slide onto a cutting board and cut into wedges, serve topped with dressed arugula