Recipe: Parmesan Veggie Frittata
Last updated: October 26, 2021, at 12:17 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 11:26 a.m. PT
Frittatas are an easy way to start your day with a satisfying mix of protein and vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced into half-moon
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced asparagus
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large ovenproof skillet and add onion, pepper, asparagus and mushrooms. Sauté until softened – about 8 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1-2 minutes more. Spread veggie mixture evenly over the pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, pepper and salt. Pour egg mixture evenly over the vegetables. Allow to cook for a few minutes or until edges begin to set.
- Transfer to middle rack of oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the middle is set. Cooking time varies depending on size of pan.
- Toss arugula with lemon juice and flaky sea salt and set aside.
- Remove frittata from oven and loosen the edges with a spatula. Slide onto a cutting board and cut into wedges, serve topped with dressed arugula
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA