Recipe: Savory Sesame Oatmeal
Last updated: December 22, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 22, 2020, at 11:43 a.m. PT
Re-think your morning bowl of oats with this savory version! Full of flavor and super satisfying, it will quickly become a breakfast favorite.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Toppings of choice
- Combine oats and chicken stock in a small pot and simmer over medium low heat until thickened to your liking.
- Remove from heat and stir in tamari, sesame oil and green onions.
- Season with black pepper and top with your choice of toppings.
- Chili oil
- Soft boiled or poached eggs
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Wilted spinach, seasoned with salt and pepper